Some more plastic from the MK3 Honda civic showed up the other day. This time it was a shock guard/ soft mount for the rear spring. The shapee of it suggests that it is a weather defector for the mounting bolt too.
The repair its self was not that difficult, There was a slit about twenty-five mm long. Once we had given the plastic a good clean without which the welding process will not bond properly it was ready for us to identify which type of plastic it was. The repair went surprisingly well considering how imbedded the dirt was. Good for another two hundred and fifty thousand miles. We still cannot believe that this car has done that much mileage.
- In Canada, Honda Civics Come in Giant Boxes of Fake Cereal (adweek.com)
- Wheels: Honda Reveals the Civic Family (wheels.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Honda recalls 2012 Civic for fuel line defect (chron.com)
- Honda grill!? (plasweld.wordpress.com)
- Roll over accident in home driveway (enterprisenews.com)